Monday, October 31, 2005

A so-so Weekend

Connie and I spent Saturday night in a hotel for a romantic getaway. My food choices were spotty and I didn't track points. I'll re-create as best I can what I did just for accountability although right now I don't really care. I'm having one of those down type days. I'm bored and lonely and that usually equals giving in and eating. We shall see. The fact that it is Halloween may not help since candy will abound.

Saturday breakfast was breakfast sandwiches...that was the good part of that days food intake. We didn't eat lunch and had a lunch/dinner (if breakfast/lunch is brunch is lunch/dinner linner?) We ate at TGI Fridays and had the three for all appetizer which means I had two potato skins, two mozarella cheese sticks and 4 wings. All with appropriate (but not good for me) sauces.I got the sizzling southwest chicken and ate it all other than a couple of forkfulls of mashed potatoes that Connie ate for me. Isn't she good :) Later I had a chocolate chip cookie and an oatmeal raisin cookie that Connie brought up from the lobby. We also split a pack of chocolate graham crackers and had some cheese-its.

Saturday we did work in a good long walk to and from Fridays so at least I did that much right. Like I said I have no idea how many points all this was and I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just call this and Sunday's food my weekly points allowance (which I usually don't use so that could be a problem). I think a few days of good eating can fix it but right now I don't want to eat good.

Sunday we walked to Bob Evans for breakfast. I got a sausage and cheddar omelet. It came with two pancakes only one of which I ate. Connie again helped me out by eating one of the pancakes. Of course she gave me half her whipped cream off her french toast for my one remaining pancake so I'm not sure who came out ahead :)

For lunch/dinner during football I made veggie stuffed green peppers which is the one good thing I did on Sunday. They are VERY good and very low points. Two of them is only a couple of points. I also snacked on some weird low fat corn chips. I don't know the brand and wouldn't tell you anyway if I remembered cuz you do NOT want to try them! Didn't stop me from eating them but I won't do it again...but they were not too many points. I finished off the cheese-its from Saturday and had more graham crackers. I probably had something else too but if so I can't remember what now.

Such is the my life when I gooff the wagon. Still it could have been worse. At no time did I eat until I was stuffed and literally could not eat more at least. Be thankful for small blessings maybe?

Oh well. I'm not gonna stress about it. I did promise to report faithfully on what i've eaten though so there it is. Today I've done ok so far. I am hungry and need to decide on lunch. Part of me wants to go to Long John Silvers but I know I shouldn't. Oddly the main thing keeping me from going is that it would be crowded and I really don't want to go out anyway. I guess being lazy is helpful sometimes. I'll go see what I can find to cook.

Hope you all had good weekends whether or not you behaved foodwise. Take care :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Did you complete your assignment? The one I gave you???  Don't feel too bad about your food choices..I had halloween candy. Gulp!  I went and did my biweekly shopping today though and got all healthy stuff...nothing naughty in my pantry this time..unless I open the door and you are standing there!! Whaaa haaaaa!

Just before I read this entry I was thinking...I should give YODA a call and see how he is doing, you are always on my mind. Cheer up PUMPKIN!  ;)  STNY~

Anonymous said...

Hey romantic getaways are meant to be enjoyed... so splurging like you did was well deserved... anyway you didn't do tooo bad, and you walked, and other various exercise helped I am sure!!!!!!!  I am doing soo good with drinking my water, but we do have some halloween candy left and I am taking it to work.  I had gotten bubble gum along with candy.. so will try to just reach for the gum.  I am getting real motivated now..we will talk and walk soon I hope!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I've been spending all day yesterday & today catching up on journals from the two weeks I was absent from J-land. I't's so wonderful you & Connie had such a wonderful get-away together....they mean so much, don't they? I love my time with Marv at Disney, and well, any place we can get away together. Even after 26 years, he's still the one I wanna spend my time with....so I understand fun get-away trips! :)
Sorry to hear you are struggling a little, but it sounds like you did pretty well getting back on plan after your trip. I've been really down the past few days too about this whole diet thing, but reading journals tonight helped me know I'm gonna be all right and I'm not alone. I'm gonna try and post tonight or tomorrow now that I'm feeling a little better about things....don't ya just wish sometimes we never had to think about weight again in our lifetime? LOLOL! Hope you had a great OP weekend.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, you haven't made an entry since October!! What's going on? Are you still on WW's? Have you lost any more! Just found your journal and looks good, wanted to come back. Found you by Robins journal. So you come back and start writing again! I love to here about guys loosing weight. You always here about women, but not guys. We can do this thing. I've been on my weight loss journey seriously for the last year. Baby steps all of the way. I've lost 60 lbs. Not on WW. but just by slackin back on portions and sweets and of course soda's. The soda's are more addicting than cigerettes are, I believe. And boy does it put the pounds on you. Well just wanted to give you some incouraging words to come back and write more in your journal.
Take care my new friend,
Liz in Va.
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug