Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Baked Chimichangas

Stacy asked for the recipie for the Chimi's I made yesterday for dinner

I made it up from an idea in a WW cookbook and ingredients I happened to have on hand. I'm posting it for one serving of 2 chimis but you can do multiples and figure points from that pretty accurately.

2 soft taco size fat free tortillas (89cal, 0fat, 3g fiber check the package some vary) (3pts)
1/2 cup Old El Paso Fat free refried beans (1 point)
1/4 lb very lean (4%-7% fat) ground beef  (3.5 points)
chopped green chilis and/or onion to taste (0 pts)
2 tbsp Old El Paso Low Fat Medium Cheese Dip (1 point)

brown the ground beef with seasonings, chili powder, cumin, garlic, whatever floats your boat. drain it.

spread the beans on the tortillas, top with the beef and the green chilis and/or onions

roll the tortillas as you would for burritos.

spray a cookie sheet with Pam, put the chimis on it, spray them LIGHTLY with Pam. Bake in 350 degree oven until crisp and beginning to get a bit brown, or to taste. About 20 min.

transfer to a serving plate and top with 1 tbsp each of the cheese dip (heated in the microwave before hand)

approx 9 points for two Chimis.
serve with an additional 1/2 cup refried beans on the side for only 1 more point if desired.

I pretty much wing most of my means from ingredients I have on hand. I just calcuate points and add them together for each ingredient on the fly adding or removing or changing ingredients to get the target points i'd like for the meal.

This turned out to be really tasty and filling. It's cut the points to the bone about as far as I can see possible other than maybe taking the meat out and having just bean chimis which would probalby be very good too and would save 3 points or so.

Questions or Comments? Let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious. I am going to try this one for sure. But somehow it always tastes better when someone else makes it for you.  ;)

Connie is one lucky woman!

Anonymous said...

sounds great !!!  i'll be trying it soon !!

Anonymous said...

This is easy to make and should be very filling with the meat and beans.. Definitely will try this. You always have been so creative with making up meals with whatever you have around the house.. and low fat ones too!!!

Anonymous said...

My daughter is coming home for the weekend and is trying to take off some weight. She LOVES Mexican food, so I'm going to make these for dinner tomorrow night!! YEAH!!  Thank you so much for posting the recipie.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~