Wednesday, October 5, 2005

I was within my points Tuesday, at least as long if my estimate for the salad I had at dinner was right but it had to be close. The scale still looks decent so it can't be too far off. This shows you what I tend to do though when I eat out when I'm trying to work the plan. I will make decent choices and make what I hope is a generous estimate of the point value. As far as this salad was concerned I was not as good as I could have been...I could have ordered it with grilled not fried chicken but I wanted it the way I ordered it...and yes I ate the roll that comes with it! I did NOT use the butter though and as usual used less than half the dressing.

No exercise Tuesday but the weather is not good and that's the only excuse I can come up with. It's no better today so I either go for a walk in the rain or go to the gym...I MUST excercise today. My weigh in is in the morning and I want it to be decent even though I plan to eat a light breakfast and wear normal clothes instead of starving until the meeting and wearing the absolute lightest things I can find. Hopefully I'll show a loss anyway and this way I'll be able to do the same every week and it should balance out.

Here's Tuesday's journal:

Daily Points Allowance:   28
Points used:              28
Activity points earned:    0
Activity points swapped:   0
                         ___
Balance:                   0


Breakfast:
2 Lite English Muffins          2
2 slices FF sharp cheddar       1
1/2 cup egg beaters             1
3pcs Healthy Choice LF sausage  2
sub total:                      6

Lunch:
2 slices Light Wheat Bread      1
6 slices Hilshire Farm Ham      1
2 slices FF sharp cheddar       1
Lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle  0
broccoli slaw                   1
subtotal:                       4

Dinner
Bennigans Kilkenny Chick Salad 12  (est)
subtotal:                      12

Snacks
2 nibbler cookies               2
2 WW Round vanilla Ice cream    4
sub total:                      6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really got this point thing down!  Sometimes I get nervous and eat boring basic food to keep the points low, but you ate decent meals and kept your point count right where it should be - you rock.  <g>  I told you I was going to learn a lot from you.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I eat boring basic foods to but usually when I get lazy :) Seriously I think it's important to make an effort to make the few points you get count for something. I no longer eat something just to stuff my face...oh well seldom and not NOW because I WILL stick to my points. I try to eat things I like and if possible things that I can have a fair amount of and/or that will take as long as possible to eat. I'll always love food and love eating so decided I need to adapt that to what points I get. The problem you will see as I lose weight is that 28 points is perfect for me. When I hit 225 I'll lose 2 points. That is not a big hit but makes more difference than you might imagine. Hopefully you'll see me using my weekly points allowance spread out to make up for that with the bulk of it still used for one semi-binge (I prefer to think of it as my good job reward) early in my WW week, usually on Thursday after the meeting or on Friday.

If this is gonna work we have to make it fun. We're doing this for life so if we're unhappy about any part of it then it won't work. That's the trap I thnk I fell into that gained me my 40 pounds back. I didn't keep it interesting and didn't give myself enough treats to keep from getting bored and frustrated so I just quit all together. Big mistake. Hopefully one I will not repeat.

Anonymous said...

When we talked earlier you said you had walked today, so you are back on track. Good luck tomorrow and I will be waiting to hear how you did.  I burned my pork chops, so didn't eat very much tonight... so guess that is kinda good..